Monday, March 9, 2015



JOSHUA DAVID

Creative Director (MAJESTY BLACK). San Francisco



How would your friends describe you?

I would hope that they’d describe me as an inspiring artist, but most likely would just say that I’m crazy, talented, a rebel at heart, a giving and loving person, 
and at times a bit tempestuous, 
but mostly in a good way.

What’s is the best absolute vacation you ever imagine?

I don’t remember the last real vacation that I took. It would have to involve a tropical location with all of my favorite friends.


University or Life experience?

Hands down, Life experience. I’ve learned my most valuable lessons by thrusting myself into the actual experience of hands on creation. I’m part self taught and the rest I’ve learned from the Program I attended in San Francisco for Women’s Apparel, Pattern making. I’ve used this knowledge on how to create patterns to create my own systems to make custom fit gloves that truly fit like a glove.




If you could do anything you wanted now what would it be?

Id still like to be performing… Travel to Moscow and perform at a grand palace in front of the World’s most notorious elite at a gorgeous masked ball sounds great right about now.


What has been your biggest challenge?

Well as any small start up label business wise funding is always an issue for a start up company. What we create and make is very costly, takes a very long time to make. We do not outsource our work to big factories in China, that’s not who we are. We make everything from hand and every piece is unique and hand detailed. Another huge challenge is to get our work out there, get the PR and new wholesale accounts we need to keep going. Everything we have received has been thru the merit of our own work; we do not have a PR agency, which can be super costly per month. The quality and uniquenss of what we create is what has gained us the following and attention we have. Running a business as an artist and creating on command will always be the biggest challenge
 switching all the hats we need to wear throughout our days to get shit done 
and make shit work, that’s a big one.


All photos by : Kyoung Kim

What does your perfect day look like?

Waking up to a light drizzling rain, which quickly turns to sunshine. Yoga, and a day with friends that turns into a living room dance party.


What is your biggest success till now?

Establishing my own business where I can channel my creative energy into something meaningful that I can share with others.  Working with great artists like Madonna and Bea Akerlund, as well as working alongside our creative sister brand the notoriously talented and dear friend of mine, House Of Malakai.

No comments:

Post a Comment