Saturday, November 1, 2014


STEPHANIE VERMAAS


Entrepreneur. Bali


What dream that you tucked away, and why?

None, I'm trying to live my dream.


What are you starving for?

Starving for all the food I see on pinterest! haha.
 I dont think I'm really starving for anything. I'm pretty full at times.
Of course life gets hectic with deadlines and pressure.
My job is not a 9 - 5 job. because not only we have to be on Bali time but we have to be on NYC and London time also. When I can't catch a break or even time for myself I long for a bit of balance in my life to go on a run or read a book or maybe just a nap to keep me sane.


How old would you be if you don’t know how old you are?

People always think im older if they know what I have done but the ones that base it on my looks always think im way younger than I am.  I would like to be 30 though because I’d like to be taken seriously. 
I feel in Indonesia especially the older you are the more respect you receive. 
In the west that doesn’t happen because you could be 27 and have a 35 year old employee but they would look at you like a boss and not just a young adult trying to be a boss.




What gets you excited about life?

My bucket list! There is still a lot to tick off and it also doesn’t help that the list is constantly growing.


Do you celebrate the things you do have?

I’m not very religious but I thank the man (or woman) up there every night for all the blessings in my life.
I always think of how lucky I am to have found something I love doing, found someone to love and have friends and family that love me. And health is another thing I'm thankful for each day.


Which activities make you lose track of time?

Working! Before I know it the day is over . 
I feel like time goes by too fast when you’re busy.
I don’t remember the last time I was bored because I’m always doing stuff.




 What is important enough to go war over?

In our modern world, going to war is not the answer. The problem now is the lack of equal education. People will always have different views but educated people can accept different views and respect them. A lot of people that go to war don’t even know what they are fighting for. They are fighting because they have nothing to lose or they have been brainwashed. When you have education and can create the life that you want, 
you will have lots to lose and you will have control over your own thoughts .
 And you will also be smart enough, as Sun Tzu has put it, “to subdue the enemy without fighting.”


What lifts your sprits when life gets you down?

My dogs! They are my little stress relievers.  And shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment