Thursday, June 19, 2014



REE-A (Rie Tsuji)

Musician. New York




What do you spend most of the time? 

Since my husband and I own a recording/production studio, we are constantly working on some music. Almost everyday! So my answer would definitely be music.

Tell me about your life as a teenager?

I was really shy when I was a child.
For example, when people visited our house, 
I would be hiding in a different room so that I didn't need to meet them. Pretty shy.
However, I was still curious so I always opened the door a little bit so that I could see whats going on in the room. Haha. Later on, after I started going to school, I slowly got better, and eventually, ended up being a member of "Seitokai"(Japanese version of school project).
I also took leadership in a few different situations too.
So basically, I startedmy life a shy girl but ended up being the person who could also be a leader. Music was definitely a big part of my childhood and teens. Great Family, and lots of great friends, always doing something fun, always laughing, I had so much fun!

What are you freakishly good at?
I think I'm really good with layouts, kind of like space/interior design.
Besides music, I'm into rom decor. And if I'm not doing anything at home, I'm always thinking in my Head, how I can improve our space to make it practical and cute at the same time. I put my taste in every sinle corner. I love doing it. 
And think I'm pretty good at it. 




If you could have tea with one of the fictional character who would it be and why?

Gandalf from Lord of the Ring. 
Firstly, I'm a big fan of the movie. I don't even know how many times I've watched it. To me, he is a very wise man but yet funny and full of mystery. Every time when he shows up on screen, I get excited. I just love the character so much. I really wat to sit down and have tea with him, and I would like to ask him for some life advice. He may not have the right answer but I know he would encourage me and point me in the right direction.
 And maybe ask him to teach me some of his wizard skills :) 

What is your most urgent priority for the rest of the year?

Improving our recording studio.

(All photos by : Mari Nishimura)

How do you reign in self critical voice?

Just do something else.
As long as I think about it, it gets worse. I'm very critical about myself in general so, I try not to trap myself in the voice. Whenever i hear the voice, I just do something else (even cleaning the room, or take a walk outside.. simple stuff) so that I don't even think about it. 
That's the only way I can control it.

Where and when do you get the best idea?

It could be anywhere. When I get it, I get it no matter where or what I'm doing and when I don't get it, I just don't get it all. I wish it could work like that but, It doesn't.
But, since we started the recording studio, we get amazing musicians everyday, and watching these amazing talented musicians, definetly inspires me a lot. Other than that, watching amazing shows/art. being surrounded by the beautiful nature.


Check out 
WWW.RIROMUZIK.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment