Sunday, February 16, 2014



MAIKHANH BERTRAND


Designer (MKHANH) & FOUNDER (NUDE ZINE). Bali 


What is ideal life for you?

An ideal life would be one filled with travel, laughs, creativity, my man and lots of kids.

What are you passionate about?

I’m passionate about creating, new projects or new ideas and meeting exciting and inspiring people on the way. I’m not really sure why though… it just seems to happen...

What are the most important things to you in life?

Most important people, my family: husband, kids, parents and siblings... 
They are my support, they push and guide me, 
always helping to learn more about myself and grow.
My kids are my mirror; I see my faults and qualities in them. 
My husband is my most trusted friend, always looking out for me. 
My mom is one of my most fervent supporters. 
She always helps in any way she can and she installed this love of beautiful things in me.  


What advice would you give to yourself 5 years ago?

Learn to rein your emotions. Trust your talent. 
Better take your time to create something great than rushing into something 
(my husband actually DID tell me that one)


For every experience you get, what are the biggest things you have learned?

Mainly I’ve learned that there’s a solution to every problem.
It’s just of matter of not being overwhelmed and trying to look clearly at the obstacle.


What’s your most urgent priority for this year?

My most urgent priority is finishing this Autumn Winter collection and getting to Paris for this amazing tradeshow called WOMAN. Its going down in a few weeks, 
so urgent is quite the understatement.


What bad habits do you want to break?

My worst bad habit is definitely my temper, it’s so counterproductive. 
It’s important to show that you are upset but not angry.


Are there any laws or social rules that completely baffle you?

There are plenty of laws that make no sense to me. 
Living and working in America showed me firsthand the kinks in the system: whether it is education, medical, credit… nothing is meant to help people have a better life. It’s all made to make more money and render people miserable in the process… mind you I say America but it’s the same system elsewhere in the world,
it just might be better hidden. 


WORKS






No comments:

Post a Comment